26 December 2017
2017 harvest season has rewarded Svarog West Group Corporation with excellent results
The agrarian season came to its end. Svarog West Group Corporation summed up the main crops yields of 2017.
Generally Svarog West Group Corporation processes about 80 thousand hectares of land in Khmelnytskyi, Chernivtsi and Zhytomyr regions. It cultivates a wide range of crops using traditional and organic technologies. Fylymon Antoniuk, Chief agronomist of the company, told about the main crop yield indicators of traditional farming methods.
According to Filimon Antoniuk, sugar beet was sown at the area of 7.6 thousand hectares this year. Its harvesting was completed on December 15. Its yield (in the test weight) was 60.9 t / ha. At the same time, sugar content in the Southern region is 17.4% (average yield here was 74.6 t / ha), in the Northern and Central regions sugar content is 16.9% (average yield was 60 t / ha).
"This autumn our region was very rainy, so a lot of time was spent on the beet crop export, for example, it was necessary to carry 7 km for overturning because trucks could not reach the field in the swamp. 50 thousands tons of root crops were needed to remove. "It was difficult, but we did it," says Filimon Antoniuk.
Results of the main crops:
• winter wheat - an area of 12.5 thousand hectares, crop yield constitutes 7.7 t / ha (7.5 t / ha in the test weight)
• spring wheat - an area of 2.7 thousand hectares, crop yield constitutes 6.7 t / ha (6.6 t / ha in the test weight)
• sunflower - an area of 20.3 thousand hectares, crop yield constitutes 3.2 t / ha (3.0 tons / ha in the test weight);
• corn - an area of 8.5 thousand hectares, crop yield constitutes: in the southern and more arid region - 7.5 t / ha; in the northern and central regions - 9 tons per hectare in dry offset;
• soybean - an area of 9 thousand hectares, crop yield constitutes 2.8 t / ha;
• brewing barley - an area of 1,302 hectares, crop yield constitutes 8.0 t / ha (7.98 t / ha in the test weight)
• flax - an area of 448 hectares, crop yield constitutes 2.5 t / ha (in the test weight - 2.42 t / ha)
• squash of pumpkin - an area of 3 thousand hectares, crop yield constitutes 0.3 t / ha.
• rapeseed - an area of 1600 ha, crop yield constitutes 3.5 t / ha (in the test weight - 3.4 t / ha)
• beans - an area of 1405 hectares, crop yield constitutes 2.5 t / ha (2.3 t / ha in the test weight).